Tapas Recipe | Easy Stuffed Olives with Nuts & Feta Recipe
15 pitted green olives
15 almonds or pine nuts
3 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 onion, thinly chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 6-ounce container of crumbled feta cheese
1. Mix feta, chopped onion, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl until it turns into a paste.
2. Place this paste and either one pine nut or one almond inside each olive.
3. Let the stuffed olives cool in refrigerator for at least eight hours.
4. Once chilled, put a toothpick in each olive and serve.
Tapas Recipe | Salty & Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Prunes
20 pitted prunes
9 thick slices of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wrap bacon slices around prunes and secure with a toothpick.
3. Place prunes on a lightly oiled baking tray and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat once bacon gets crispy and brown. Serve warm.
Tapas Recipe | Savory Ham Croquettes
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
½ cup of chicken broth
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of ham, minced
1 ½ cups of whole milk
2 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
A pinch of pepper
1. Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add about 7 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Mix in flour and stir for a few minutes.
3. Mix in milk and chicken broth and stir for about 30 minutes.
4. Put in nutmeg and pepper and continue to stir till the sauce is thick.
5. Reduce heat to low, place ham into mixture, and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
6. Remove mixture from heat and place it in the refrigerator for between 3 to 24 hours.
7. Place breadcrumbs in one small bowl.
8. Whisk eggs in another small bowl.
9. Take out ham mixture from the fridge and create bite-sized pieces about 1-inch thick.
10. Place olive oil in a large frying pan so that it covers a depth of 1/2-inch.
11. Heat olive oil till it reaches 355° F.
12. Dip each croquette into eggs and then coat with breadcrumbs.
13. Fry croquettes in the oil for a few minutes until they are golden brown.
14. Remove from saucepan and place on a paper towel.
15. After they’ve cooled down slightly, serve croquettes.